Blog Menu

Sunday, April 20, 2008


munnar mela


Munnar mela started as a cultural and social celebration in 1982 and then onwards happens every year in the month of April. Over time the celebration has now become a part of Munnar's annula celebrations to bring in the new year. This year it was held from 6th of April till 13th April.

revelry @ munnar mela
The people of munnar eagerly wait for the arrival of this festival that fills munnar with all colors of the universe. These eight days make Munnar a joyous and memorable place for everyone who is fortunate to visit Munnar during this time.

I luckily happened to be in Munnar this year in april and visited the Munnar Mela that was organized in the Tata Tea Sports ground. The ground was colorfully lit and and there were stalls ranging from electronics, food items to even plants! For children it was a paradise with a variety of rides and games.

Immediately the shopper within me urged me to start purchasing some memorable items from this beautiful fare. I bought a strawberry conserve prepared in the Tata tea estates and a Kerela hat made of coconut tree bark! I also tried fresh ice tea that was being prepared(by crushing the tea leaves and taking out the juice) and served chilled in one of the stalls. It was one of the most refreshing cup of teas that I have ever had.

Being a chocoholic I also bought delicious home made chocolates and they were much better than what I had got from Ooty and Bangalore and at half the price too! :)

For more pictures of munnar mela click here

6 comments:

Syed Siddique Sharaf said...

Surely u had a great time!

Unknown said...

Hi, you have provided nice info. We, me and my wife are planning to go to Thekkadi on 21 Feb this month. You have wrote @ Nature walk, jungle patrolling etc. I am interested in this. can u provide me details for this. is any permissions has to be taken? and how much approx cost is there?
How can i make arrangements to leave in jungle on a watching tower?


Krishna

Unknown said...

Hi, you have provided nice info. We, me and my wife are planning to go to Thekkadi on 21 Feb this month. You have wrote @ Nature walk, jungle patrolling etc. I am interested in this. can u provide me details for this. is any permissions has to be taken? and how much approx cost is there?
How can i make arrangements to leave in jungle on a watching tower?


Krishna

Eesh Mengi said...

Krishna,
There is no prior permission required. All these activities can easily be arranged when you reach there. I think night patrolling is around Rs. 250/- , other short duration activities are in the range of 300 to 700. Full day activities are around 1000.
-eesh

Eesh Mengi said...

Requesting all to please don't use this platform for their advertisement by putting comments. If you want you can pay me something and I'll put it :)

Thanks

Anonymous said...

I inclination not acquiesce in on it. I regard as warm-hearted post. Expressly the designation attracted me to read the whole story.